Last week on our blog, we talked about retractable awnings and how they can hold great benefits for both residential and professional property. Retractable awnings come in several different styles and are an increasingly popular choice for homes and businesses. A retractable awning is an over-sized swatch of waterproof fabric stretched onto a frame and attached to your home, providing shade and protection. It’s a perfect way to enjoy your patio, porch or walkway space year-round. Now is a great time to consider how a retractable awning could benefit you or your business in 2016! What else don’t you know about awnings? Let’s talk facts!
Facts About Retractable Awnings
- Awnings need approximately six inches of open, lengthwise wall or roof space to be installed.
- Most popular awnings are motorized, meaning they can fully retract in about a minute automatically or by the use of a remote control.
- Retractable awnings require little to no maintenance.
- If you are a business owner, implementing a retractable awning could expand your seating capacity (think restaurant patio) and raise property values without needing a general contractor or architect. More seating = More business =More money!
- Retractable awnings are almost everywhere you look, especially if you are in a downtown neighborhood. They are great for restaurants, hotel entryways and small businesses. Take a look around!
- Awnings decrease heat and shield UV rays during those hot summer months.
- When awnings are installed over windows, they can reduce glare by 94 percent and exterior heat by 77 percent. This reduces the temperature inside your home by 8 to 15 degrees, cutting air conditioning costs by 25 percent.
- Awnings give your home and business an aesthetic edge. They can be a key factor in selling your home later or drawing customers into your business today.
- Some awning models have weather sensors that automatically adjust the awning based on severe heat or damaging wind.
- Awnings give you the opportunity to enjoy activities outdoor regardless of the weather. For example, enjoying a hot tub in the snow or rain without being disrupted by the downfall.
Call Carroll Awning Today!
Check out a photo gallery of the retractable awnings the Carroll Awning Company offers here. The Carroll Awning Company provides the best quality, energy-efficient awnings and frames for any business, restaurant, home, or apartment. We design, create, and install custom-created awnings all year round! For a free estimate, call 1-800-999-5617 or click here to contact us online.